Do you have a passion for finding patterns and pulling real, actionable insights from raw information?
We’re looking for data scientists who are passionate about using data to make the world a better place (or at least streamline user experiences and help exciting startups grow). In this position, you'll collect, preprocess, and analyze data and use a variety of presentation techniques to help key stakeholders visualize data. You will build models to address business problems for clients in a number of industries such as fashion, real estate, tech, wellness, education, and more.
With this full-time position, you will:
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Work closely with engineering, marketing, and management teams
Qualifications and skills:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Why Work for Us?
We offer flexible hours
We don’t believe in being confined to an office space from 9-5 every single day-- that’s the old way things were done. Your work should be based on the spark of creativity that you get from within, which can happen anytime. To us, it’s all about getting the work done, it doesn’t matter where you get it done.
We love over the top communication
In this day in age, communication is important. Whether it’s via text, email, chat, etc. It’s important to be able to count on you to reply quickly during work hours. Waiting over a day for a reply won’t cut it.
We have a fun work environment
We work out of a cool loft with lots of young, hungry writers, artists and entrepreneurs. You’ll meet some cool people in Pittsburgh that are in it to win it, just like you. Our office is right on Walnut Street in the heart of Shadyside, which means when you need a break you can walk 10 steps to Starbucks, a juicery, or 100 other local shops / bars / restaurants / etc.
We’ll help you growth hack your career.
You've heard of growth hacking a business-- now it's time to growth hack your career. We'll put you in an environment full of hungry young professionals and help you develop skills that will help your career take off. Our network of professional connections is huge (and always growing), which means there are always interesting people to meet, projects to explore, and things to learn.
How to Apply!
You can send us your resume if you’d like. Example work would be even better. We’ll gladly read it and reply back with feedback.