Do you have a passion for designing, developing, and testing software and applications?
We’re looking for software engineers that are passionate about creating amazing products that give users and amazing experience. In this position, you’ll execute full lifecycle software development to create products for clients in a number of industries such as fashion, real estate, tech, wellness, education, and more. You'll gather user and client requirements, define system functionality, and write code in a variety of programming languages.
With this full-time position, you will:
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code in a variety of languages
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
Qualifications and skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus
Why Work for Us?
We offer flexible hours
We don’t believe in being confined to an office space from 9-5 every single day-- that’s the old way things were done. Your work should be based on the spark of creativity that you get from within, which can happen anytime. To us, it’s all about getting the work done, it doesn’t matter where you get it done.
We love over the top communication
In this day in age, communication is important. Whether it’s via text, email, chat, etc. It’s important to be able to count on you to reply quickly during work hours. Waiting over a day for a reply won’t cut it.
We have a fun work environment
We work out of a cool loft with lots of young, hungry writers, artists and entrepreneurs. You’ll meet some cool people in Pittsburgh that are in it to win it, just like you. Our office is right on Walnut Street in the heart of Shadyside, which means when you need a break you can walk 10 steps to Starbucks, a juicery, or 100 other local shops / bars / restaurants / etc.
We’ll help you growth hack your career.
You've heard of growth hacking a business-- now it's time to growth hack your career. We'll put you in an environment full of hungry young professionals and help you develop skills that will help your career take off. Our network of professional connections is huge (and always growing), which means there are always interesting people to meet, projects to explore, and things to learn.
How to Apply!
You can send us your resume if you’d like. Sample project outlines and code would be even better. We’ll gladly read it and reply back with feedback.